The GANYC PR Committee has been working to compile a comprehensive of NYC museums & cultural institutions that offer complimentary admission to anyone with a valid sightseeing guide license. Here is what we have. Please let us know if a) any of these are not correct, and b) we are missing any.
- Statue Cruises (Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island)
- The Museum of the City of New York
- Tenement Museum
- New York Historical Society
- Museum of the Moving Image
- Cathedral of St John the Divine
- Museum of American Finance
- Eldridge Street Synagogue
- The Museum of Arts and Design (MAD)
- Morris-Jumel Mansion (with a group only)
There are other institutions that may allow it on a case-by-case basis, but for the purposes of this list, we have only included those that have an official policy on it.
(This is not counting pay-what-you-wish places-- like the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Brooklyn Museum, Museum of Natural History-- where New York City residents can get in for low price or free if they so choose.)