Visit a curious neighborhood in the West Harlem valley steeped in Revolutionary War history. Manhattanville is the home of the landmarked St. Mary’s P.E. Church, founded in 1823, the city’s first “free pew” Episcopal church whose congregants included veteran patriots & Tories, Alexander Hamilton’s widow, African-American abolitionists and Mayor Daniel F. Tiemann. It is also where Old Broadway Synagogue, the last affiliated Jewish synagogue in Harlem, is still active. The surrounding town, wrought by the Industrial Revolution, is highlighted by steel viaducts opening gateways to the Hudson, and the uptown Fairway market.